Supervisor of In-Home Family ServicesLas Vegas, Nevada
Job Title: Supervisor of In-Home Family Services
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada
Supervisor of In-Home Family Services, In this position you will be working with families and provide in-home intervention utilizing a skill based, solution focused model to help families adopt positive solutions to problems through the teaching of skills and behavioral techniques accessing community resources and support.
- Contributes to ongoing program development and assumes responsibility for delivery of services to children and families. Acts as an advocate for children and families.
- Assists in screening, hiring, and directing program staff; provides training for staff; provides observation and direction to Consultants while in the field.
- Supervises Consultants in developing, monitoring, and reviewing service plans developed by consultants for children and families as well as developing subsequent plans throughout care.
- Monitors and ensures that records and documentation, including service plans, forms, reports, case notes, narratives, outcome measures, and demographics, are completed appropriately and on time.
- Supervises and participates in service planning reviews, progress reviews, staff meetings, and case reviews.
- Supervises and provides assessment of staff problems and develops strategies to solve them. Develops and monitors career path trajectories for Consultants with particular emphasis on educational and experiential requirements necessary to assume the next level of program responsibility.
- Assists in accepting and screening referrals to the program.
- Ensures appropriate level of direct contact with families per program requirements, and remains available to staff and families 24/7, for crisis intervention as needed.
- Promotes safety through ongoing training and supervision and promotes culture of professionalism through role modeling, profession, and respect.
- Builds and maintains relationships with community funding entities, governmental agencies, service providers, sources of support for families within the community and all program consumers.
- Implements and ensures compliance with all contractual, regulatory, program, and accrediting body standards; provides necessary documents, maintaining certifications and licensures as required.
- Bachelor's degree Social Work, Human Services, or related field; Master's degree preferred. NOTE: Education and experience requirements may be higher based on Affiliate Site location, Local contracts, and Federal/State contract requirements.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred.
- 2 to 3 years of experience including working with children and families; Intermediate level management and supervisory experience is preferred; experience working with children and families in community-based programs or Boys Town Programs preferred.
- Must possess a valid driver's license with a good driving record, plus the ability to provide own transportation (mileage reimbursed) to complete travel requirements of the job. Must meet auto insurance requirements established by Boys Town policy and/or State and Local laws.
- This position is on-call (continuously or rotationally) to provide support.
- Solid understanding of the philosophy and function of public assistance and social services systems. Knowledge of recognized interventions such as risk assessment and crisis intervention in order to address identified service needs.
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements pertaining to youth care and the ability to learn, apply, and explain complex regulations and policies governing child welfare processes and services.
- Knowledge of community resources and service providers available in the geographical area; knowledge of the functions and services of the community organizations and related human services.
- Ability to communicate with individuals at all levels in the organization and with external business contacts in an articulate, professional manner while maintaining necessary degree of confidentiality.
- Computer skills in Microsoft Office.
- Ability to successfully lead a team of associates and to supervise family intervention services, be knowledgeable of, and comply with, statutes and policies which affect target population.
- Strong knowledge of Boys Town model.
Schedule: Full Time
Job ID: 13586