School Support SpecialistLas Vegas, Nevada
Job Title: School Support Specialist
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada
In a career as a School Support Specialist you have the ability to change a child’s life. As our school support specialist your will provide administrative intervention for students with behavioral problems and facilitates use of educational system opportunities and resources.
- Receives students from classrooms or office whenever necessary to address behavioral or attendance problems and de-escalates inappropriate behavior utilizing prescribed administrative intervention procedures.
- Works with students, families, and schools to encourage resolution of problems.
- Confers with school administrators, faculty, counselors, and other student support workers regarding student needs and behaviors.
- Communicates with other professionals regarding individual student needs and progress; provides information to BT staff, parents or guardians, and school staff regarding student behavior and consequences.
- Conducts informational meetings and classroom observations.
- Supports students and families by providing guidance on how to identify, access, and fully utilize district, school, and community resources.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent is preferred.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred.
- Previous experience including experience with learning disabled or behaviorally impaired learners. Previous experience in a classroom or school is preferred.
- Ability to successfully teach and present behavior skills and material to students.
- Ability to build relationships with school personnel, youth, and families.
- Ability to adapt responses to situations while maintaining procedural and regulatory integrity.
- Ability to communicate in an articulate, professional manner while maintaining necessary degree of confidentiality.
- Computer skills in Microsoft Office.
About Boys Town Nevada:
Boys Town Nevada opened its doors in 1991, bringing an innovative approach to child and family care and directly serving more than 2,000 children in the Las Vegas area each year.
The opportunity to shape the future of America’s youth is only one of the many perks here at Boys Town Nevada. Our team is dedicated to creating a work culture that can be celebrated through events such as team outings to Las Vegas Aviators baseball games, frequent staff potlucks and an annual awards ceremony for all staff. Outside of this, Boys Town Nevada was recently honored as Partner of the Year by the Clark County School District. Everyone may dream of winning big in Vegas, but on the northern edge of the city, there’s another world-famous place where winning has a different meaning. At Boys Town Nevada, kids and families triumph over their troubles and find new hope for the future.
About Boys Town:
Boys Town touches the lives of more than 2 million children and families nationwide each year. As one of the country’s largest nonprofit funded child-care organizations, Boys Town is nationally recognized for its research-proven child, health and family care programs. From our start in 1917, we’re poised to make even greater strides forward as we lead the way in changing how America cares for children, families and communities for the next 100 years.
Schedule: Full Time
Date Posted: May 15th, 2019
Job ID: 13573
This advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. To request a disability-related accommodation in the application process, contact us at 1-877-639-6003.