Search Our Jobs
Parent TrainerJob ID 18403 Las Vegas, Nevada
Business: Boys Town
Job Summary:The Parent Trainer coordinates, plans, and conducts training for Common Sense Parenting. This position also maintains and communicates information to others regarding Common Sense Parenting training.
Schedule: Full Time. Available to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends. Location: Boys Town Nevada.
- Oversees class management and performance related to Common Sense Parenting training.
- Presents Common Sense Parenting classes as needed.
- Establishes and maintains a safe and productive learning environment (i.e. role plays, question and answer sessions, one on one sessions).
- Coordinates additional services as part of class preparation (i.e. childcare, food).
- Reviews survey responses to improve presentations.
- Collects and enters performance data into the National Data Base as well as any additional contract specific data.
- Coaches parents effectively to apply course content.
- Maintains all equipment and supplies in good condition.
- Utilizes own vehicle to travel to conduct training.
- Engages in outreach activities.
- Represents the organization with community engagement efforts and solicits potential funders.
- Collaborates frequently in the effort to reach participants and motivates them to attend and complete Common Sense Parenting classes.
- May present short informational or marketing sessions to entice parents to attend Common Sense Parenting classes.
- Acts as a liaison with community organizations striving to partner with a parent education program.
- Travels to conduct outreach activities.
- Maintains current credentials and on-going trainer development.
- Successfully completes the Common Sense Parenting Training for Trainers Workshop and maintains training credentials.
- Participates in credentialing and program evaluation activities including videotaping or direct observation of training sessions.
- Participates with supervisor in active self-development as a trainer to support participant growth and as a parent through attendance at consultation meetings and review of consumer feedback.
- Completes required professional training workshops.
- Serves as a role model in carrying out the Father Flanagan's Boys' Home mission.
- Directs all activities towards the fulfillment of the Boys Town mission
- Directs all actions to reflect the values and principles of Boys Town
- Establishes and maintains an environment that encourages teamwork, collaboration, and ethical behavior
- Maintains regular, reliable and predictable attendance
- Supports other members of the management team and their work
- Other Duties: This job description incorporates the essential functions and duties required for this position. However, other duties may be required and assigned at times and as determined by a supervisor in order to meet the needs of the organization
- High school diploma or equivalent is preferred.High School diploma or equivalent.
- Successful completion of the Trainer for Common Sense Parenting workshop.
- Must provide own transportation to complete travel requirements of the job.
- Available to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends.
About Boys Town Nevada:
Boys Town Nevada opened its doors in 1991, bringing an innovative approach to child and family care and directly serving more than 2,000 children in the Las Vegas area each year. The opportunity to shape the future of America’s youth is only one of the many perks here at Boys Town Nevada. Our team is dedicated to creating a work culture that can be celebrated through events such as team outings to Las Vegas Aviators baseball games, frequent staff potlucks and an annual awards ceremony for all staff. Outside of this, Boys Town Nevada was recently honored as Partner of the Year by the Clark County School District. Everyone may dream of winning big in Vegas, but on the northern edge of the city, there’s another world-famous place where winning has a different meaning. At Boys Town Nevada, kids and family’s triumph over their troubles and find new hope for the future.
About Boys Town:
Boys Town has been changing the way America cares for children and families since 1917. With over a century of service, our employees have helped us grow from a small boardinghouse in downtown Omaha, Nebraska, into one of the largest national child and family care organizations in the country. With the addition of Boys Town National Research Hospital in 1977, our services branched out into the health care and research fields, offering even more career opportunities to those looking to make a real difference.
Our employees are our #1 supporters when it comes to achieving Boys Town's mission, which is why we are proud of their commitment to making the world a better place for children, families, patients, and communities. Unique perks to Boys Town employees and their families include medical, dental and vision insurance, tuition assistance, parenting resources from our experts and professional development opportunities within the organization, just to name a few. Working at Boys Town is more than just a job, it is a way of life.
Date Posted: November 23, 2021
This advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status. To request a disability-related accommodation in the application process, contact us at 1-877-639-6003.