Search Our Jobs
Family Services Consultant - Bilingual -SpanishJob ID 18651 Las Vegas, Nevada
Business: Boys Town
Hiring Bonus: $3,000
Job Summary:In a career as a Family Services Consultant - Bilingual you can change a family’s life. Every family has its problems, but some families’ problems threaten their very existence. Drug and alcohol addiction, domestic abuse, adolescent defiance, and behavioral challenges are some of the issues that our team works to overcome as they strive to keep struggling families together. Your work here will not only be life-changing but lifesaving.
Schedule: Full-time 40 hours/week. Must be available to work non-traditional business hours including early mornings, nights, weekends, and holidays. Must be available to work on-call rotationally to provide crisis response.
- Develops and maintains effective working relationships with families and with community service resources, including medical professionals, public welfare personnel, lawyers, therapists, law enforcement staff, school officials, neighbors, and religious and youth organization representatives utilizing referral sources as necessary.
- Provides screening and assessment to determine program eligibility and identifies areas to address in the service plan if applicable.
- Provides training and support in the development and utilization of functional skills to families with problems and individuals associated with the families.
- Assesses problems and provides care to youth and families; monitors individual and family progress in the attainment of predetermined goals providing regular review and update of service plans.
- Maintains appropriate level of direct contact with families per program requirements, and remains available to families 24/7, for crisis intervention as needed.
- Provides consumers, including school personnel and others working with children served by the program, training in the management of difficult behaviors.
- Promotes family self-determination by assisting family in identifying and accessing community services and resources.
- Educates families on the needs of good physical health, quality medical attention and preventive health care.
- Assists families in building on their spiritual and religious beliefs or practices as a source of strength to reach their goals.
- Promotes culture of professionalism through role modeling and respect.
- Meets with families and children at various locations; utilizes own vehicle to travel to work destinations and to transport youth as authorized
- Prepares proper documentation and service plans in a timely manner as defined by the program.
- Prepares and submits reports and recommendations concerning case load status, budget requests, changes in service plans, and any unusual incidents that occur in the operation of the program.
- Reports any critical incidents involving family members or staff according to standard reporting guidelines.
- Serve as a role model in carrying out the Boys Town mission.
- Bachelor's degree in Human Services or related field.
- Must fluently read, write, and Speak Spanish and English.
- 1 to 2 years of experience including working with children and families; experience working with children and families in community-based programs or Boys Town Programs preferred.
- Must possess a valid driver's license with a good driving record and pass an annual Motor Vehicle Registration (MVR) check. Must have the ability to provide own transportation (mileage reimbursed) to complete travel requirements of the job. Must meet auto insurance requirements established by Boys Town policy and/or State and Local laws.
*Individuals in this position also show interest in: social work, family advocacy, wrap-around services, foster care, case planning, case management, mental health, psychology, sociology, human services, CASA, social services, criminal justice, criminology, and education.*
About Boys Town Nevada:
Boys Town Nevada opened its doors in 1991, bringing an innovative approach to child and family care and directly serving more than 2,000 children in the Las Vegas area each year.
The opportunity to shape the future of America’s youth is only one of the many perks here at Boys Town Nevada. Our team is dedicated to creating a work culture that can be celebrated through events such as team outings to Las Vegas Aviators baseball games, frequent staff potlucks and an annual awards ceremony for all staff. Outside of this, Boys Town Nevada was recently honored as Partner of the Year by the Clark County School District. Everyone may dream of winning big in Vegas, but on the northern edge of the city, there’s another world-famous place where winning has a different meaning. At Boys Town Nevada, kids and family’s triumph over their troubles and find new hope for the future.
About Boys Town:
Boys Town has been changing the way America cares for children and families since 1917. Our employees have helped us grow from a small boardinghouse in downtown Omaha, Nebraska, into one of the largest national child and family care organizations in the country. With the addition of Boys Town National Research Hospital in 1977, our services branched out into the health care and research fields, offering even more career opportunities to those looking to make a real difference.
Our employees are our #1 supporters when it comes to achieving Boys Town's mission, which is why we are proud of their commitment to making the world a better place for children, families, patients, and communities. Unique perks to Boys Town employees and their families include free visits to Boys Town physicians and free prescriptions under the Boys Town Medical Plan, tuition assistance, parenting resources from our experts and professional development opportunities within the organization, just to name a few. Working at Boys Town is more than just a job, it is a way of life.
Posted: March 25, 2022
This advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status. To request a disability-related accommodation in the application process, contact us at 1-877-639-6003.