Bilingual Family Case Manager / In Home Family ConsultantLas Vegas, Nevada
Job Title: Bilingual Family Case Manager / In Home Consultant
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada
In a career as a Bilingual In-Home Family Services Consultant, you have the ability to change a child’s life. In this position you will be working with families and provide in-home intervention utilizing a skill based, solution focused model to help families adopt positive solutions to problems through the teaching of skills and behavioral techniques accessing community resources and support.
- Assesses problems and provides care to youth and families; monitors individual and family progress in the attainment of predetermined goals providing regular review and update of service plans.
- Promotes family self-determination by assisting family in identifying and accessing community services and resources.
- Educates families on the needs of good physical health, quality medical attention and preventive health care.
- Assists families in building on their spiritual and religious beliefs or practices as a source of strength to reach their goals.
- Must fluently read, write, & speak Spanish and English
- Bachelor's degree in Behavioral Sciences or Human Services. NOTE: Education and experience requirements may be higher based on Affiliate Site location, Local contracts, or Federal/State contract requirements.
- 1 to 2 years of experience including working with children and families; supervisory experience is preferred; experience working with children and families in community-based programs or Boys Town Programs preferred.
- Must possess a valid driver's license with a good driving record, plus the ability to provide own transportation (mileage reimbursed) to complete travel requirements of the job. Must meet auto insurance requirements established by Boys Town policy and/or State and Local laws.
- This position is on-call (continuously or rotationally) to provide support and must be available to work outside of traditional business hours including early mornings, nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Solid understanding of the philosophy and function of public assistance and social services systems. Knowledge of recognized interventions such as risk assessment and crisis intervention in order to address identified service needs.
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements pertaining to youth care and the ability to learn, apply, and explain complex regulations and policies governing child welfare processes and services.
*Individuals in this position also show interest in: social work, family advocacy, wrap-around services, foster care, case planning, case management, mental health, psychology, sociology, human services, CASA, social services, criminal justice, criminology, and education.*
About Boys Town Nevada:
Boys Town Nevada opened its doors in 1991, bringing an innovative approach to child and family care and directly serving more than 2,000 children in the Las Vegas area each year.
The opportunity to shape the future of America’s youth is only one of the many perks here at Boys Town Nevada. Our team is dedicated to creating a work culture that can be celebrated through events such as team outings to Las Vegas Aviators baseball games, frequent staff potlucks and an annual awards ceremony for all staff. Outside of this, Boys Town Nevada was recently honored as Partner of the Year by the Clark County School District. Everyone may dream of winning big in Vegas, but on the northern edge of the city, there’s another world-famous place where winning has a different meaning. At Boys Town Nevada, kids and families triumph over their troubles and find new hope for the future.
About Boys Town:
Boys Town touches the lives of more than 2 million children and families nationwide each year. As one of the country’s largest nonprofit funded child-care organizations, Boys Town is nationally recognized for its research-proven child, health and family care programs. From our start in 1917, we’re poised to make even greater strides forward as we lead the way in changing how America cares for children, families and communities for the next 100 years.
Schedule: Full Time
Date Posted: July 10th, 2019
Job ID: 13895
This advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. To request a disability-related accommodation in the application process, contact us at 1-877-639-6003.