Bilingual Family Case Manager / In Home ConsultantLas Vegas, Nevada
- Assesses problems and provides care to youth and families; monitors individual and family progress in the attainment of predetermined goals providing regular review and update of service plans.
- Promotes family self-determination by assisting family in identifying and accessing community services and resources.
- Educates families on the needs of good physical health, quality medical attention and preventive health care.
- Assists families in building on their spiritual and religious beliefs or practices as a source of strength to reach their goals.
- Must fluently read, write, & speak Spanish and English
- Bachelor's degree in Human Services related field
- 1 to 2 years of experience including working with children and families; supervisory experience is preferred; experience working with children and families in community-based programs or Boys Town Programs preferred.
- Must possess a valid driver's license with a good driving record, plus the ability to provide own transportation (mileage reimbursed) to complete travel requirements of the job. Must meet auto insurance requirements established by Boys Town policy and/or State and Local laws.
- This position is on-call (continuously or rotationally) to provide support and must be available to work outside of traditional business hours including early mornings, nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Solid understanding of the philosophy and function of public assistance and social services systems. Knowledge of recognized interventions such as risk assessment and crisis intervention in order to address identified service needs.
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements pertaining to youth care and the ability to learn, apply, and explain complex regulations and policies governing child welfare processes and services.
Schedule: Full Time
Date Posted: September 11, 2019
Job ID: 14249
This advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. To request a disability-related accommodation in the application process, contact us at 1-877-639-6003.