Job DetailsApply Now Apply Later
In Home Family Services Consultant / Social Worker / Case ManagerJob ID 6397220 Date posted 12/05/2017
TITLE : In-Home Consultant / Social Worker / Case Manager-Kearney
CLOSING DATE : 12/12/17 or when filled
OVERVIEW OF BOYS TOWN
Are you passionate about shaping the future of America’s Youth?
Boys Town is changing the way America cares for children, families and communities by providing and promoting an Integrated Continuum of Care that instills Boys Town values to strengthen body, mind and spirit. Our mission is centered on creating an environment for children that includes trust, discipline, emotional support and respect. We believe that all children and youth have the potential to become bright, productive, adjusted, loving people. Boys Town is nationally recognized for its research-proven child, health and family care programs. As one of the country’s largest nonprofit funded child-care organizations, Boys Town touches the lives of more than 2 million children and families nationwide each year. Join our Town today and help us shape the future of America!
OVERVIEW OF JOB
Boys Town is seeking an In-Home Consultant / Social Worker / Case Manager to provide in-home intervention to children and their families utilizing a skill based, solution focused model to help families adopt positive solutions to problems through the teaching of skills and behavioral techniques accessing community resources and support. Additionally;
- Develops and maintains effective working relationships with families and with community service resources, including medical professionals, public welfare personnel, lawyers, therapists, law enforcement staff, school officials, neighbors, and religious and youth organization representatives utilizing referral sources as necessary.
- Provides screening and assessment to determine program eligibility and identifies areas to address in the service plan if applicable.
- Provides training and support in the development and utilization of functional skills to families with problems and individuals associated with the families.
- Assesses problems and provides care to youth and families; monitors individual and family progress in the attainment of predetermined goals providing regular review and update of service plans.
- Maintains appropriate level of direct contact with families per program requirements, and remains available to families 24/7, for crisis intervention as needed.
- Provides consumers, including school personnel and others working with children served by the program, training in the management of difficult behaviors.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, TRAINING, EXPERIENCE, OR SKILLS
- Bachelor’s Degree in the Behavioral Sciences or Human Services
- One to two years of experience working with children and families
- A valid driver’s license with a good driving record, plus ability to provide own transportation with a valid auto liability insurance policy to complete travel requirements of the job
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently
- Knowledge of community resources and service providers in service area is a plus
- Flexibility and willingness to work days, evenings, weekends, holidays, and be available for crisis response
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite
This advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. To request a disability-related accommodation in the application process, contact us at 1-877-639-6003.