Supervisor In-Home Family Services - BilingualDes Moines, Iowa
Job Title: Supervisor In-Home Family Services - Bilingual
Location: Des Moines, Iowa
, In this position you will be working with families to provide in-home intervention utilizing a skill based, solution focused model. You will help families adopt positive solutions to problems through the teaching of skills and behavioral techniques, accessing community resources, and providing support.
- Contributes to ongoing program development and assumes responsibility for delivery of services to children and families. Acts as an advocate for children and families.
- Assists in screening, hiring, and directing program staff; provides training for staff; provides observation and direction to Consultants while in the field.
- Supervises Consultants in developing, monitoring, and reviewing service plans developed by consultants for children and families as well as developing subsequent plans throughout care.
- Monitors and ensures that records and documentation, including service plans, forms, reports, case notes, narratives, outcome measures, and demographics, are completed appropriately and on time.
- Supervises and participates in service planning reviews, progress reviews, staff meetings, and case reviews.
- Supervises and provides assessment of staff problems and develops strategies to solve them. Develops and monitors career path trajectories for Consultants with particular emphasis on educational and experiential requirements necessary to assume the next level of program responsibility.
- Ensures appropriate level of direct contact with families per program requirements, and remains available to staff and families 24/7, for crisis intervention as needed.
- Bachelor's degree Social Work, Human Services, or related field; Master's degree preferred. NOTE: Education and experience requirements may be higher based on Affiliate Site location, Local contracts, and Federal/State contract requirements.
- Fluent ability to read, write, and speak English and Spanish
- 2 to 3 years of experience including working with children and families; Intermediate level management and supervisory experience is preferred; experience working with children and families in community-based programs or Boys Town Programs preferred.
- Must possess a valid driver's license with a good driving record, plus the ability to provide own transportation (mileage reimbursed) to complete travel requirements of the job. Must meet auto insurance requirements established by Boys Town policy and/or State and Local laws.
- This position is on-call (continuously or rotationally) to provide support.
About Boys Town Iowa:
Boys Town Iowa has been helping families stay together since 1989 through our expanding In-Home Family Services program. Our unique in-home programs serve more than 1,100 families and 2,200 children in Iowa each year. 2019 is officially the 30 year anniversary for Boys Town providing services in Iowa. We are very excited about this milestone and plan to celebrate our success and longevity with our team throughout the year.
Schedule: Full Time
October 18, 2019
Job ID: 14466