Search Our Jobs
Intake & Compliance SpecialistJob ID 18617 Des Moines, Iowa
Business: Boys Town
In a career as an Intake & Compliance Specialist, you join a team that is changing the lives of youth and families every day. You will do so by reviewing referrals and applications to determine appropriateness of services and provides support to ensure compliance with contract and regulatory requirements.
Schedule: 8:00am-5:00pm Monday through Friday
Conducts assessments of youth or family referrals and applicants to determine appropriateness of Boys Town services.
- Evaluates referrals and applications, makes recommendations on placement and services, and communicates potential referrals to appropriate staff.
- Coordinates the completion of the admissions process with agencies, courts, and guardians by communicating in a timely fashion acceptance, rejection, or need for supplemental information for all new applications.
- Coordinates pre-admission interviews with youth, family agencies, and court personnel as needed.
- Inputs referral information into the National Data Base.
- Develops and maintains positive relationships with various referral sources including referral agencies, contract agencies, courts, and private referral sources.
- Provides resource information to consumers seeking services.
Services contractual relationships and provides administrative support to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Ensures that service recipient files contain all required documents according to Boys Town standards and contractual requirements.
- Establishes a positive relationship with referral sources and assists each referring organization with fulfilling their case management and contractual requirements and authorizations.
- Assists in monitoring contracts and ensuring documentation completion within contractual timelines, under the direction of Program Support staff.
- Supports program staff by training, reviewing, and providing feedback on documentation requirements of contracts.
- Prepares reports for administrative review.
- Collaborates with Program Support Services to monitor regulatory compliance requirements and assist in activities in preparation for accreditation visits.
- Coordinates with program staff for onsite contract reviews as needed.
- Monitors and processes referral access to admissions through e-mail, website, and phone portals.
- Monitors contracts and ensures requirements are met by completing required documentation within contractual timelines.
- Attends workshops and conferences as needed.
- Examines, updates, and documents information relevant in the accreditation and certification process; assists with licensing applications and renewals.
- Monitors regulatory compliance including accreditation, licensing, and contractual requirements and assists in activities in preparation for accreditation visits.
- Prepares reports for administrative review.
- Associate's degree or equivalent; Bachelor's degree preferred.
- 1 to 2 years of experience including working with children and families; previous experience working in a Medicaid or third party billing-related environment preferred and experience working within the Boys Town program is preferred.
- This position may be on-call (continuously or rotationally) to provide support.
About Boys Town:
Boys Town has been changing the way America cares for children and families since 1917. With over a century of service, our employees have helped us grow from a small boardinghouse in downtown Omaha, Nebraska, into one of the largest national child and family care organizations in the country. With the addition of Boys Town National Research Hospital in 1977, our services branched out into the health care and research fields, offering even more career opportunities to those looking to make a real difference.
Our employees are our #1 supporters when it comes to achieving Boys Town's mission, which is why we are proud of their commitment to making the world a better place for children, families, patients, and communities. Unique perks to Boys Town employees and their families include free visits to Boys Town physicians and free prescriptions under the Boys Town Medical Plan, tuition assistance, parenting resources from our experts and professional development opportunities within the organization, just to name a few. Working at Boys Town is more than just a job, it is a way of life.
Date Posted: January 14, 2022
This advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. To request a disability-related accommodation in the application process, contact us at 1-877-639-6003.