In-Home Consultant / Social Worker / Case ManagerAudubon, Iowa
TITLE: In-Home Consultant / Social Worker / Case Manager
CLOSING DATE: February 15, 2019, or until filled
OVERVIEW OF BOYS TOWN
Are you passionate about shaping the future of America’s Youth?
Boys Town Iowa is changing the way America cares for children, families and communities by providing and promoting an Integrated Continuum of Care that instills Boys Town values to strengthen body, mind and spirit.Our mission is centered on creating an environment for children that includes trust, discipline, emotional support and respect. We believe that all children and youth have the potential to become bright, productive, adjusted, loving people.Boys Town is nationally recognized for its research-proven child, health and family care programs. As one of the country’s largest nonprofit funded child-care organizations, Boys Town touches the lives of more than 2 million children and families nationwide each year. Join our Town today and help us shape the future of America!
OVERVIEW OF JOB
Boys Town Iowa is seeking an In-Home Consultant / Social Worker / Case Manager serving Audubon County. As our In-Home Consultant / Social Worker / Case Manager you will provide in-home intervention to children and their families utilizing a skill based, solution focused model. Through the use of this model you will help families adopt positive solutions to problems through the teaching of parenting skills, independent living skills, behavior modification techniques, and accessing community resources and support. As our In-Home Consultant / Social Worker / Case Manager some of your responsibilities will include:
- Providing screening and assessment to determine program eligibility, as well as identifying specific areas to address in service plans when applicable.
- Maintaining regular direct contact with families, as well as being available to provide crisis intervention.
- Monitoring individual and family progress in attainment of predetermined goals, as well as provide regular review and updating of service plans as needed.This will include preparing and submitting written reports to document all service plans, recommendations, and any incidents that arise.
- Working to develop and maintain effective working relationships with families and community service resources.
- Promoting family self-determination by providing training and support in the development of skills and accessing of community resources.
- Utilizing your own vehicle to travel to various meeting destinations with families and children, which may include their home, school, or other community organizations.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, TRAINING, EXPERIENCE, OR SKILLS
- Associate's degree in the Behavioral Sciences, Human Services, or related fields; Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Minimum of four years of experience working with children and families combined with an Associate's degree, or one year of experience combined with a Bachelor's degree
- A valid driver’s license with a good driving record, plus ability to provide own transportation with a valid auto liability insurance policy to complete travel requirements of the job
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently
- Knowledge of community resources and service providers in service area is a plus
- Flexibility and willingness to work days, evenings, weekends, holidays, and be available for crisis intervention
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite
This advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. To request a disability-related accommodation in the application process, contact us at 1-877-639-6003.