Family Case ManagerAtlantic, Iowa
Job Title: Family Case Manager- $500 Hiring Bonus!
Location: Atlantic, IA
In a career as a Family Case Manager (otherwise known as an In-Home Family Services Consultant), you have the ability to change a family’s life. Every family has its problems, but some families’ problems threaten their very existence. Our team works to overcome such issues as drug and alcohol addiction, domestic abuse, adolescent defiance, and behavioral challenges as they strive to keep struggling families together. Your work here will not only be life changing but lifesaving.
- Develops and maintains effective working relationships with families and with community service resources, including medical professionals, public welfare personnel, lawyers, therapists, law enforcement staff, school officials, neighbors, and religious and youth organization representatives utilizing referral sources as necessary.
- Provides training and support in the development and utilization of functional skills to families with problems and individuals associated with the families.
- Assesses problems and provides care to youth and families; monitors individual and family progress in the attainment of predetermined goals providing regular review and update of service plans.
- Maintains appropriate level of direct contact with families per program requirements, and remains available to families 24/7, for crisis intervention as needed.
- Provides consumers, including school personnel and others working with children served by the program, training in the management of difficult behaviors.
- Assists families in building on their spiritual and religious beliefs or practices as a source of strength to reach their goals.
- Meets with families and children at various locations; utilizes own vehicle to travel to work destinations and to transport youth as authorized.
- Bachelor's degree in the Behavioral Sciences, Human Services, or related fields; Associate's degree accepted in lieu of a Bachelor's if combined with 4 years of full time experience
- 1 to 2 years of experience including working with children and families; supervisory experience is preferred; experience working with children and families in community-based programs or Boys Town Programs preferred. Minimum of 4 years of experience required if combined with an Associate's degree.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license with a good driving record, plus the ability to provide own transportation (mileage reimbursed) with a valid auto liability insurance policy to complete travel requirements of the job. Must meet auto insurance requirements established by Boys Town policy and/or state and local laws
- This position is available to provide crisis response and must be available to work non-traditional business hours including early mornings, nights, weekends, and holidays
About Boys Town Iowa:
Boys Town Iowa has been helping families stay together since 1989 through our expanding In-Home Family Services program. Our unique in-home programs serve more than 1,100 families and 2,200 children in Iowa each year. 2019 is officially the 30 year anniversary for Boys Town providing services in Iowa. We are very excited about this milestone and plan to celebrate our success and longevity with our team throughout the year.
About Boys Town:
Regardless of a person's background, race, or religion, Boys Town believes that everyone deserves the chance to reach their full potential. For 100 years, Boys Town has helped thousands of children and families. We don’t give up on kids and are committed to helping those who have failed in other systems. We do this by working to keep children and families safe, in their homes, in school, and out of the system. We give them the second chances they deserve. And we see the success of this work every day. From our start in 1917, we’re poised to make even greater strides forward as we lead the way in changing how America cares for children, families and communities for the next 100 years.
Schedule: Full Time
Date Posted: December 06, 2019
Job ID: 14767
This advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. To request a disability-related accommodation in the application process, contact us at 1-877-639-6003.